Farm AdvisorCooperative Extension Fresno County
550 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 210-B
Fresno, CA 93710
Ph.D. Hortucultural Sciences, University of Florida. 2012
M.S. Horticulture, Punjab Agricultural University. 2002
B.S. Horticulture, Punjab Agricultural University. 1999
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Nut Crops
- Plant Biological Efficiency and Abiotic Stresses Affecting Plants
- Plant Management Systems
- Basic Plant Biology
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Browne, G.; Schmidt, L. (2014). "First report of Phytophthora niederhauserii causing almond (Prunus dulcis) tree losses in California - Disease Note." Plant Disease
- Brar, G.; Spann, T. (2014). "Low night temperatures affect growth of container-grown liner trees of trifoliate orange under different photoperiods." Acta Horticulturae (ISHS - International Society for Horticultural Science) 1042: 97-100.
- Brar, G.; Spann, T. (2014). "Photoperiodic phytochrome-mediated vegetative growth responses of container-grown citrus nursery trees." Scientia Horticulturae 176: 112-119.
- Manpreet, S.; Saralch, H. (2011). "Employment genertion potential in pulpboard mills of Punjab." Indian Journal of Horticulture Special Issue(38): 237.
- Saralch, H.; Singh, M. (2006). "Problem and prospects of pulp board industry using rice straw as raw material - a case study of Ferozepur distric of Punjab." Environment and Ecology 24(4): 697-703.
- Arora, N.; Singh, R. (2006). "Relationship of nitrogen level of leaf, spur and total carbohydrates level of spur with fruit set and yield of semi-soft pear cv. Punjab beauty." Haryana Journal of Horticultural Sciences 35(3 & 4): 219-220.
- Brar, G.; Brar, J. (2004). "Effect of quality of irrigation water on initial growth of grapevines of cv. Perlette under microirrigation systems." Annals of Agribio Research 10(1 & 2): 89-91.
- Brar, G.; Singh, R. (2004). "Studies on nutrient removal by leaves and fruits of pear cv. Patharnakh." Indian Journal of Horticulture 61: 89-91.
- Brar, G.; Singh, R. (2004). "Studies on nutrient removal by pear cv. Patharnakh." Haryana Journal of Horticultural Sciences 34(1&2): 89-91.
- Brar, G. (2014). Almond Orchard Operations for May-June. From the Shell Newsletter.
- Brar, G. (2014). Orchard IPM activities for January & February. From the Shell Newsletter.
- Brar, G. (2014). Scale and lower branch dieback in almonds. The Almond Doctor.
- Brar, G. (2013). Postharvest operations checklist for almonds. From the Shell Newsletter.
- Brar, G. (2013). Some housekeeping tips for almond and pistachio growers. From the Shell Newsletter.
- Brar, G.; Spann, T. (2010). Benefits of supplemental lighting in citrus nurseries. Citrus Industry. 91: 18-20.