550 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 210-B
Fresno, CA 93710
Office: (559) 241-7515
Fax: (559) 241-7539
About UC Cooperative Extension Fresno County
ANR members are dedicated to creating, developing and delivering knowledge and practical information in agricultural, natural and human resources to improve the quality of life of Californians.
• Cooperative Extension brings science-based, unbiased research to help solve local needs.
• The land grant university and Cooperative Extension are authorized under the Morrill Act of 1862 and the Smith-Lever Act of 1914.
• Cooperative Extension clientele are growers and allied agriculture industry, youth, families including low-income residents, policy makers and the general public.
• Direct funding comes from four primary sources: Federal, State, County, and external grants.
• The County's $3.4 billion agricultural business is served through Cooperative Extension by 13 farm advisors.
• Family and youth programs are directed by the 4-H Youth Development Program Advisor and Coordinator and 11 Nutrition Program Staff.
• Cooperative Extension volunteers with the 4-H Youth Development Program and Master Gardener Program contribute $2.3 million of services to the County yearly.
• University of California campus resources, facilities, and staff are accessible to the county-based academics to help solve local problems