Mandeep Virk-Baker PhD, MPH, RD
550 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 210-B
Fresno, CA 93710
Expanded Food Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
- Calle/Rodriguez award for top ranking ASPO Scientific Conference
Presented by American Cancer Society, https://aspo.org/awards, 2016
- Management Bootcamp
Presented by National Institutes of Health, https://www.training.nih.gov/leadership_training, 2015
- Sallie Rosen Kaplan Postdoctoral Fellowship
Presented by National Institutes of Health, https://www.cancer.gov/grants-training/training/at-nci/srk, 2015
- Outstanding Dietetic Intern Award
Presented by Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, http://www.eatrightpro.org/resource/leadership/honors-and-awards/affiliate-awards/outstanding-dietetics-student-award, 2014
- Howerde E. Säuberlich Endowed Award for Excellence in Nutrition Science Research
Presented by University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2012
- Postdoctoral Cancer Prevention Fellowship
Presented by National Institutes of Health, https://cpfp.nci.nih.gov/about-us/index.shtml, 2012
- Food & Chemical Safety Epidemiology Fellowship
Presented by International Life Sciences Institute North America, www.ilsina.org, 2010
- Nell I. Mondy Fellowship
Presented by Graduate Women in Science, http://www.gwis.org/?page=past_fellowships, 2010
- Cancer Prevention and Control Training Program Fellowship
Presented by University of Alabama at Birmingham, https://www.uab.edu/cpctp/about, 2008
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Program and Project Design, and Statistics
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Food Safety
- Ensure Food Products Free of Harmful Chemicals,,, Including Residues From Agricultural and Other Sources
- Protect Food From Contamination By Pathogenic Microorganisms, Parasites, and Naturally Occurring Toxins
- Human Health
- Zoonotic Diseases and Parasites Affecting Humans
- Hazards To Human Health and Safety
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Human Nutrition
- Nutrient Composition of Food
- Requirements and Function of Nutrients and Other Food Components
- Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Nutrition and Hunger in the Population
- Obesity Prevention
- Husain, MJ; Virk-Baker, MK (In Press). Money Gone Up in Smoke: The Tobacco Use and Malnutrition Nexus in Bangladesh. Annals of Global Health.
- Parascandola, M; Virk-Baker, MK. (In Press). Tobacco and Poverty Chapter for the Economics of Tobacco and Tobacco Control, NCI Tobacco Control Monograph Series. NCI & WHO.
- Inoue-Choi, M; Virk-Baker, MK (2016). Development and calibration of a dietary nitrate and nitrite database in the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study. Public Health Nutr. 2016 Aug;19(11):1934-43.
- Virk-Baker, MK; Parascandola, M (2016). "Dietary Adequacy among Tobacco User Households in Bangladesh." Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention
- Virk-Baker, MK; Parascandola, M (2016). "Dietary adequacy in tobacco-user and non-user households in Bangladesh." The Lancet Global Health
- Virk-Baker, MK; Nagy, TR (2014). Dietary acrylamide and human cancer: a systematic review of literature. Nutr Cancer. 2014;66(5):774-90.
- Virk-Baker, MK; Barnes, S (2014). S-(-)equol producing status not associated with breast cancer risk among low isoflavone-consuming US postmenopausal women undergoing a physician-recommended breast biopsy. Nutr Res. 2014 Feb;34(2):116-25.
- Virk-Baker, MK; Martin, MY (2013). Mammography utilization among Black and White Medicare beneficiaries in high breast cancer mortality US counties. Cancer Causes Control. 2013 Dec;24(12):2187-96.
- Virk-Baker, MK; Barnes, S (2011). "Effect of soy isoflavones on breast cancer recurrence and death for patients receiving adjuvant endocrine therapy." Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quaterly 22(2): 184-185.
- Virk-Baker, MK; Nagy, TR (2010). Role of phytoestrogens in cancer therapy. Planta Med 2010; 76(11): 1132-1142.